Recipe by Always in the kitchen Connie
After experimenting with different scampi recipes, I came up with this combination of flavors. We enjoy it over a little cooked pasta, or white rice. You can perk it up a bit by adding more pepper flakes.
Top Review by Biasi4
Heavenly! Well, I didn't have cilantro, lemon peel, or red pepper flakes, but I substituted those with a heavy dose of salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning. I also used Smart Balance margarine instead of butter (we usually use this). Turned out delish! Served with white rice and poured a little bit of the butter sauce over the rice -YUMMY TO MY TUMMY. Also served artichokes with curry dipping sauce. To die for! Thanks Connie! I've added this to my cookbook.
- 2 lbs uncooked peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 cup butter
- 3 chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro or 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and oil in large skillet. Stir in onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, and lemon juice.
- Cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring often. Pat shrimp dry and add to skillet.
- Cook stirring occasionally until shrimp turn pink (Approx. 5 minutes).
- Blend in parsley, cilanto, basil, and lemon peel. Cook another 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Serve alone, or over angel hair pasta or rice.