1/1 Photo of Shrimp Scampi
Always in the kitchen Connie's Note:
After experimenting with different scampi recipes, I came up with this combination of flavors. We enjoy it over a little cooked pasta, or white rice. You can perk it up a bit by adding more pepper flakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs uncooked peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 cup butter
- 3 chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro or 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1Melt butter and oil in large skillet. Stir in onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, and lemon juice.
- 2Cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring often. Pat shrimp dry and add to skillet.
- 3Cook stirring occasionally until shrimp turn pink (Approx. 5 minutes).
- 4Blend in parsley, cilanto, basil, and lemon peel. Cook another 2 minutes, stirring often.
- 5Serve alone, or over angel hair pasta or rice.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Scampi
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 673.2
- Calories from Fat 467
- Total Fat 51.9 g
- Saturated Fat 30.2 g
- Cholesterol 563.7 mg
- Sodium 838.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 48.4 g