Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very easy, very yummy
- 2 lbs pre- cooked shrimp, thawed, tails removed
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried parsley
- fettuccine or pasta, of your choice
- Prepare pasta according to package directions and keep warm.
- Saute garlic in butter and wine and water until tender. Add pepper, salt and parsley. Allow to simmer and let the sauce reduce a bit.
- Add shrimp and heat through. Serve over your favorite pasta. Also good is some bread to mop up the garlic butter left on your plate. Yum!
I was surprised at how good this actually turned out. My personal adjustments: I cut it down to one serving and used white grape juice in place of the white wine and water. Added crushed red pepper flakes and lemon. I forgot to toss the shrimp into the sauce before combining it with angel hair pasta, so heated the shrimp in the sauce that was clinging to the pot. I used parmesan cheese on top. It was so yummy. Thanks Kimberly D.
We really liked this. I did use only half the butter and skipped the water. I don't like my scampi dripping with butter. This way, I just got the flavor. I also added some lemon juice. Thanks for a quick & easy recipe.
I doubled this and there was too much liquid. I think I would leave the water out altogether and use less butter next time. I think a more intense concentration of the flavors was what I was expecting. I added lemon juice, oregano and some red pepper flakes. I also served it with Parmesan cheese at the table. Thanks!