Recipe by chia
easy weeknight dinner adapted from cooking light
Top Review by KellyC
Very good recipe!! The recipe didn't say what to do with the pasta, I added it to the casserole in layers with the seafood sauce and cheese. The sauce was very tasty, but maybe too much red peppers for some people. I used regular cream cheese, it was rich and delicious.
- 8 ounces ziti pasta, cooked according to package directions,drained
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 8 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces bay scallops
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- cooking spray
- 3⁄4 cup shredded provolone cheese (3 oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 400 combine hot water, cream cheese and red peppers in a processor and process until smooth.
- heat oil in a large skillet.
- add shrimp, scallops, garlic and salt and cook 2 minutes until almost done.
- add pepper mixture to pan and cook 2 minutes to combine.
- spray an 8" baking pan with cooking spray and pour in shrimp mixture.
- sprinkle with grated provolone.
- bake 20 minutes until cheese is melted, remove.
- heat broiler to hi, add dish and broil 2 minutes to brown.
- let it stand 10 minutes, serve.