Lovely start to any dinner. This recipe was originally published in Canadian Living Magazine
Make and share this Shrimp & Scallop Salad in Avocado Cups recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces shrimp, peeled,boil first them peel or use ready cooked
- 8 ounces bay scallops or 8 ounces sea scallops
- 4 avocados
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup tomato, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup English cucumber, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Cook the shrimp& scallops in boiling water for about 3 minutes (do not over cook or they will become tough, you should only cook them until the shrimp turn pink and the scallops are opaque. Drain& chill under cold water. Cube the scallops (Leave bay scallops whole). You may now, if you wish, cover the sea).
- Cut Avocados in half and remove the pit.
- Scoop out the flesh, leaving a thin shell, chop the flesh and place in a large bowl.
- Add shrimp, scallops and remaining ingredients, toss lightly.
- Divide among the 8 avocado shells, mound attractively.
Made this for a party last night and I loved it. I used cilantro in place of parsley and left out the jalapeno but everything else was as stated in the recipe. Will make this again.
Bergy, you have done it again. This is by far the most beautiful appetizer I have ever made and - wow, what a surprisingly fantastic fresco taste. I did a couple things a little different because of what I had. I had mint in my garden so I used that in place of parsley. I had lemon juice instead of lime....still fabulous, I made a little vineagrette with lemon juice, little balsamic vinegar with a little equal to take the bitterness out. Rather than boil the scallops and shrimp, I put them in a pan with a garlic herbed butter that I had leftover from a lobster dip that I made. You know I really hate it when someone reviews a recipe and says it stinks but did so many things different than what the recipe said. It's like...you didn't even make the recipe, so how can you criticize it? But, this one was far more than five star...you would expect something like this in a very very expensive restaurant. Fabulous is a great description of this masterpiece! I dolled them up a bit for special company as you can see from the picture..the possibilities are endless. I think chopped mangoes would also go in there great...you can expand it to go further. I am going to make it again for a dinner affair next Saturday....very pleasant! Thank you again, Bergy!
Love this recipe! The lime zest and juice compliment every other ingredient so well. It tastes fresh and clean - perfect for summer! Thanks, Bergy!