Recipe by BoxO'Wine
Pesto lovers will enjoy this wonderful wok recipe. Improvise with fresh parsley and basil if available in your area.
MAKE PESTO SAUCE
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoons dry basil leaves
- 4 teaspoons dry parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb medium raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 3⁄4 lb small bay scallop
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 1 carrot, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 10 small white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced lengthwise
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced lengthwise
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a wok over medium high heat.
- When wok is hot, add 1 tablespoon butter.
- When butter is melted, add carrot and onion and stir fry for 3 mins.
- Add 1 tablespoon more butter then add zucchini, mushrooms, and peppers.
- Stir fry until carrot is tender crisp to bite (about 2 more mins).
- Remove vegetables from wok and keep warm.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to wok.
- When butter is melted, stir in pesto sauce.
- Add shrimp and scallops and stir fry until the shrimp are pink and the scallops are opaque (about 3 to 4 mins).
- Return vegetables to wok and stir until vegetables are hot and coated with sauce.
- Serve with hot steamed rice and freshly grated parmesan cheese, if desired.