Recipe by Amanda Harper
If you love garlic, marinara sauce, shrimp and scallops you will adore this recipe. Omit the scallops if you don't care for them!
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 can del monte fresh packed tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 1 lb small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 lb bay scallop
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- freshly shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, heat 2 tabelspoons of the olive oil with the garlic over medium heat.
- When the garlic starts to sizzle, add the tomatoes.
- Season with salt and red pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat, and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Heat the remaining oil in a stir-fry skillet over high heat.
- Add the shrimp and scallops.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the shrimp turns pink.
- Be very careful not to overcook the seafood, as it will become rubbery if overdone.
- Add seafood to the marinara, and stir in parsley.
- Cook for 5 minutes, or until the sauce begins to bubble.
- Serve over pasta, and top with freshly shredded parmesan cheese if desired.