Top Review by smileybone19732000
My friend asked me for seafood . Awesome. My first time cooking scallops which can be tempermental . Loved it so much asked for some to go . Lite for the summer Modifed by putting pineapple in the rice. Lara
- 1 lb raw shrimp
- 1 lb sea scallops, cut In half
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce, if avail
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, chopped or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger, ground
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 (16 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Drain pineapple chunks.
- (Use imported soy sauce if available for better taste. Use domestic if that is all that is available).
- In medium bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and onion powder; mix well.
- Add shrimp and scallops.
- Cover; refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- Place shrimp, scallops, pineapple and zucchini on bamboo skewers that have soaked 1 hour in water or on metal skewers.
- Grill or broil 3 to 6 minutes per side or until shrimp are pink, basting frequently with marinade.
- Refrigerate leftovers.