Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another recipe I haven't tried but sounds like one worth sharing. (Personally, I think a pound of pasta for two people is a little excessive -- but it's the way the recipe is written).
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 lb medium shrimp, peeled and chopped in half
- 1⁄4 lb bay scallops or 1⁄4 lb quartered sea scallops
- 1 (16 ounce) package fettuccine pasta or 1 (16 ounce) packageflat eggs noodles
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Bring to boil water sufficient to cook noodles when needed.
- To make the seafood sauce: melt butter and saute garlic for 1 minute over medium heat.
- Add half and half. Heat and stir continuously in frying pan until large bubbles form. Add shrimp and scallops and continue stirring until shrimp has turned pink. Remove from stove and keep warm.
- Cook pasta as directed on package; drain and place in large bowl. Pour on sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and nutmeg.
- Toss to mix and serve.