Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A rich dish suitable for company. Serve with French bread and a green salad. Recipe from The Tremont Hotel.
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter or 2 tablespoons regular butter
- 4 medium shallots, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In a saute pan, saute the shrimp in butter for 4 minutes on high heat.
- Drain off the butter and add the shallots.
- Saute 30 seconds with the shrimp; remove the shrimp and put aside.
- Using the same pan, simmer and reduce white wine by one half.
- Add the cream; reduce by one third.
- Put the shrimp back in and boil 1/2 minutes.
- Add the chopped parsley.
- Serve hot with French bread.
This was really good and I used a curly pasta so the sauce would stick to it. A keeper for sure. Made for zwt5 for the cooks with dirty faces
DH and I made this dish for lunch today. It is rich and decadent and delicious! We halved the recipe with perfect results. Used a good chardonnay for the wine and regular butter. We served it over linguine noodles and topped with grated parm to really push the caloric content over the top--ha! ha! Made for ZWT5.
Fabulous! 10 stars if possible. This made my birthday dinner amazing! So fast and easy and yummy! Throw caution to the wind my friend and make this recipe. This is a top notch 5 star restaurant quality dish. Yes, the cream makes it fattening- but you only live once! It is worth the extra exercise! *Made for ZWT4 and so glad I did!*