Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Shrimp, Sausage N' Grits recipe from Food.com.
SHRIMP AND SAUSAGE
- 3⁄4 lb uncooked medium shrimp, peeled (tail shells removed)
- 1 teaspoon 30% less sodium seafood seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup refrigerated prechopped tricolor bell pepper
- 4 1⁄2 ounces smoked turkey sausage (about 1/3 of 14-ounce ring)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
SPICY CHEESE GRITS
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked quick-cooking corn grits
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk (skim)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- Spray 12-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; sprinkle with seafood seasoning and pepper. Cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until shrimp are pink. Remove shrimp; keep warm.
- Respray skillet with cooking spray. Add bell pepper; cook 2 minutes over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Add sausage; cook 2 minutes until lightly browned. Add garlic and cooked shrimp. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add 1/4 cup water; cook 30 seconds, stirring to loosen brown particles. Remove from heat; cover. In 2-quart saucepan, heat 1 1/2 cups water to boiling. Gradually stir in grits; reduce heat. Cover; simmer 5 minutes. Stir in milk. Remove from heat. Add remaining ingredients. Serve grits with shrimp mixtures.