- 4 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 cups quinoa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb smoked kielbasa, sliced in 1/4-inch rounds (Use turkey kielbasa)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup vegetable juice, spicy
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 4 cups chicken broth and quinoa in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and cook 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a skillet and add kielbasa, onion, bell pepper and garlic.
- Saute about 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add remaining broth and V-8 juice; bring to a simmer.
- Add shrimp and simmer 5 minutes or until done.
- Add peas, tomatoes and cooked quinoa and toss.