Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is quick and easy to make.
Make and share this Shrimp Sauce for Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 10-13 per serving)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (light oil)
- 1⁄4 cup water (reserved from pasta)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- 2⁄3 lb pasta (linguini is the classical pasta, but it's up to you)
- Heat a large pot of water to the boil, add 1 tsp salt and pasta (cooking time about 11 minutes), then start your sauce.
- When pasta is done, usually at the most critical point of cooking the sauce, reserve 1/4 cup of pasta water, and drain the pasta.
- Put butter and olive oil into a large frying pan over medium-high heat and add the garlic when the butter melts.
- Cook garlic, stirring constantly, until it becomes soft, but not browned at all, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add shrimp and briefly stir into the oil, then add the parsley, stir again and add the wine, half the pasta water and a good grind of pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are just done.
- Add the pasta and Parmesan cheese to the shrimp pan and toss thoroughly.
Easy to fix; other than peeling all those shrimp. Very light sauce (no heavy creams or butter). Probably pretty good for you too! My 2 year old even liked it...
I wasn't crazy about the recipe, especially as is. My husband on the other hand said it was one of his favorites so I guess that means I will be making it again! I did however love how easy and quick it was to prepare and make. I added a can of black olives, and a large handful of cherry tomatoes to add more flavor. I also added about a tablespoon of mixed herbs such as rosemary, oregano and fennel. I also like that it was on the light side and didn't use much butter or oil!
This is a popular request as an alternative to spaghetti with red sauce. I reduce the wine down and then add some more to the recipe....red pepper flakes for the adults.