1/1 Photo of Shrimp Sauce for Pasta
Rumrill, Donald M's Note:
This is quick and easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 10-13 per serving)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (light oil)
- 1/4 cup water (reserved from pasta)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- 2/3 lb pasta (linguini is the classical pasta, but it's up to you)
- 1Heat a large pot of water to the boil, add 1 tsp salt and pasta (cooking time about 11 minutes), then start your sauce.
- 2When pasta is done, usually at the most critical point of cooking the sauce, reserve 1/4 cup of pasta water, and drain the pasta.
- 3Put butter and olive oil into a large frying pan over medium-high heat and add the garlic when the butter melts.
- 4Cook garlic, stirring constantly, until it becomes soft, but not browned at all, about 3-4 minutes.
- 5Add shrimp and briefly stir into the oil, then add the parsley, stir again and add the wine, half the pasta water and a good grind of pepper.
- 6Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are just done.
- 7Add the pasta and Parmesan cheese to the shrimp pan and toss thoroughly.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Sauce for Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 520.0
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 222.8 mg
- Sodium 1077.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 35.8 g