Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 mins
An old recipe. I don't remember where it came from but my mom used to make these and we sure loved them. If you are watching your fat grams, then stay away.
- 4 hamburger buns
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped green peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese, chopped
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) cans shrimp, drained and washed
- Open buns and spread with melted butter; place open buns on a baking sheet.
- In a bowl, mix together mayonnaise, green pepper, onion, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, lemon juice, cheese, and shrimp.
- Spoon shrimp mixture onto 4 buns.
- Place baking sheet in oven and broil 6 inches from heat for 6 minutes or until cheese melts and bubbles.
- Keep an eye on the buns without any shrimp mixture to make sure they don't burn.
- Take them out early if they are getting too brown.
- Place"naked" buns on top of buns with shrimp mixture to make 4 sandwiches.