1/2 Photos of Shrimp Salad With Zucchini and Basil
Was checking out an old Bon Appetite annual while thinning out my "Paper and Picture" cookbooks, since I most often use Zaar. The zukes are still coming and the basil is lush, green, aromatic, and beautiful. Everything here is on our go-to list, and the photo was tempting, too. It was suggested that you use packaged baby greens for a quick start.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 lb large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 zucchini, cut in 1/2 inch cubes (about 2 cups)
- 8 cups mixed baby greens
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1Whisk lemon juice, capers, shallot, mustard, and dried red pepper in medium bowl.
- 2Whisk in oil, then basil.
- 3Bring large saucepan of salted water to boil, add shrimp and cook 1 minute.
- 4Add zucchini and continue cooking until shrimp are opaque in the center, and zucchini is crisp tender, about 1 minute longer.
- 5Drain well.
- 6Transfer to large bowl.
- 7Add 1/3 cup of dressing and toss to coat.
- 8Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 9Toss greens in large bowl with enough dressing to coat.
- 10Divide greens among 4 plates.
- 11Arrange shrimp and zucchini atop greens.
- 12Pass Parmesan cheese separately if desired.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Salad With Zucchini and Basil
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.8
- Calories from Fat 264
- Total Fat 29.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 172.5 mg
- Sodium 412.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 24.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed baby greens