Recipe by NurseJaney
Was checking out an old Bon Appetite annual while thinning out my "Paper and Picture" cookbooks, since I most often use Zaar. The zukes are still coming and the basil is lush, green, aromatic, and beautiful. Everything here is on our go-to list, and the photo was tempting, too. It was suggested that you use packaged baby greens for a quick start.
Top Review by Obag
I also made this for the Aussie Swap. Delicious! Easy! Flavorful! Great presentation too; this makes a perfect fancy lunch for guests or a light but satisfying dinner (perfect for spring or summer meals). It is so cool to see the shrimp cook in the boiling water. I used baby spinach for the salad greens. I was concerned that, with the spinach, the dish wouldn't be colorful enough but I need not worry: the pink shrimp and yellow and light green of the zucchini and deep green of the spinach gave a great "Wow" moment when I brought the dish to the table for my guests. One note: be careful not to drown the salad with too much dressing (I made enough dressing for 4 servings but made only 2 salads). The lemon juice is a surprisingly bold flavor. Thanks NurseJaney. This is an excellent, excellent recipe and I will definitely be using it again to impress guests that I've graduated from novice to gourmet chef.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 lb large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 zucchini, cut in 1/2 inch cubes (about 2 cups)
- 8 cups mixed baby greens
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk lemon juice, capers, shallot, mustard, and dried red pepper in medium bowl.
- Whisk in oil, then basil.
- Bring large saucepan of salted water to boil, add shrimp and cook 1 minute.
- Add zucchini and continue cooking until shrimp are opaque in the center, and zucchini is crisp tender, about 1 minute longer.
- Drain well.
- Transfer to large bowl.
- Add 1/3 cup of dressing and toss to coat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss greens in large bowl with enough dressing to coat.
- Divide greens among 4 plates.
- Arrange shrimp and zucchini atop greens.
- Pass Parmesan cheese separately if desired.