Prep 1 hr 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a Good Housekeeping recipe.
Make and share this Shrimp Salad With Spring Pea Mix recipe from Food.com.
- 12 large eggs
- 1 lemon
- 3 sprigs fresh dill (leaves chopped, stems reserved)
- 12 ounces shelled and deveined shrimp (large)
- 12 ounces yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces sugar snap peas, cut in halves at an angle (remove strings)
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Hard boil eggs. Cool, remove shells, and cut into quarters. Set aside 12 quarters for garnish.
- Squeeze 3 tbsp juice from lemon and reserve. Add lemon rind to water in which eggs were cooked along with dill stems. Heat to boiling on high; add shrimp. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 3 minutes or until shrimp are just cooked. Drain and rinse under cold water. Discard lemon rind and dill sprigs.
- In same pan, cook potatoes with enough cold water to cover. Add 1 tsp salt. Heat to boiling on high, cover, and reduce heat to simmer 15 minutes until potatoes are tender. Drain.
- While potatoes cook, cook snap peas and peas 2 minutes in boiling water. Drain well.
- Whisk yogurt, mustard, 1 tbsp lemon juice, and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add hot potatoes, onion, celery, shrimp, eggs, and half of chopped dill. Fold gently until combined.
- In another bowl, whisk vinegar, oil, remaining 2 tbsp lemon juice, and 1/4 each salt and pepper; add all peas and remaining dill. Toss until well coated.
- Spoon shrimp salad into center of serving platter, then spoon pea mixture all around. Garnish with reserved egg quarters and serve immediately.