Wonderful salad for summer! Please note: this is an adopted recipe and I hope to make it soonest. If you make it before I do than I would appreciate your feedback. Thanks ! ZWT REGION: Austrialia
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 24 large cooked peeled shrimp (1 pound)
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 scallion, white and green parts, sliced
- 12 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon diced red onion
- Whisk together olive oil and lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper. Set aside. Whisk again just before using.
- Combine shrimp, avocado, celery, scallion, tomatoes, parsley and red onion.
- Sprinkle with enough dressing to coat lightly.
- Toss shrimp salad gently, and season to taste with salt and pepper.