Recipe by xtine
This is nice as a first course for a summer dinner party or as an hors d'oeuvre for a cocktail party. The recipe was originally published in Southern Living magazine. This recipe makes 24 leaves; I serve 3 at a time for a first course, or one leaf per serving as an hors d'oeuvre. "Cooking Time" is the time it takes to stuff the leaves.
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb shrimp, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced celery
- 24 Belgian endive, leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the dressing, stir together the first 9 ingredients in a large bowl, set aside.
- Peel the shrimp and dice them into small pieces. Combine the shrimp with the celery and mix with the dressing.
- Divide the shrimp salad equally between the endive leaves, spooning the salad into the bottom half of the leaf.