Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is FANTASTIC recipe! My husband and I had made this a few times with both shrimp and crab. It' s easy, quick and delicious.
- 1⁄2 lb deveined peeled cooked medium shrimp, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium ripe avocados, halved and pitted
- In a small bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients.
- Spoon into avocado halves. Serve immediately.
Delish! We used precooked salad shrimp and chopped up the avocado (they were too small to stuff). Tarragon was omitted, because we didn't have any; otherwise followed the recipe...great flavor combo without the tarragon. Definitely a keeper!
Times 1000! Very, very, nice recipe! The only change I made was my dear avocado was so smushy, I decided to do what the previous reviewer did, stuff it, and let some of the tender avocado fall nicely within the salad leaves. I was ok with the amount of mustard, (I guess l love mustard!) and gave it a nice little kick - with the creaminess of the avocado. An exceptional recipe!
Yummy X 8. The only thing I might change is to add the Dijon mustard a little at a time; mine seemed a bit over-powering. (Might be right for you!) Had to slice my Avocado on a bed of lettuce--it was a wee over-ripe. Made for Tea-time and Light Suppers in Cooking Photos.