Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
The addition of hard boiled eggs makes this sandwich different. My family loves these. Sometimes I serve the shrimp salad on toasted English muffins, topped with a slice of cheddar cheese and broiled. This is one of Paula Deen's recipes.
- 1 lb cooked shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 3 celery ribs, minced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 dash onion salt
- salt and pepper
- seasoning salt
- celery salt
- 8 slices your choice bread, toasted
- lettuce, and (optional)
- tomatoes, slices (optional)
- Place shrimp in a food processor and pulse until finely minced. Transfer shrimp to a bowl and add eggs, celery, and mayonnaise; mix well. Add seasonings, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Spread additional mayonnaise on both sides of bread. Heap shrimp salad onto bread and then cut sandwiches in half. Serve with lettuce and tomato, if desired.