These are delicious, heavenly little pockets with a fluffy biscuit outside surrounding toasted almonds, shrimp, and much more!
- Thaw salad shrimp overnight in the fridge or rinse under water in a colander until ice crystals dissappear and shrimp feels soft.
- TO TOAST THE ALMONDS:.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Spread almonds evenly on an ungreased cookie sheet; bake for around 2-4 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet; cool.
- TO MAKE THE POCKETS:.
- Seperate biscuits and press 5 of them into
- 4 1/2 in rounds; place on same ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 8-10 minute or until golden brown and biscuits have risen and are light and fluffy. Set aside.
- While they are cooling, mix the toasted almonds, green onion, and salad shrimp in a large bowl. Pour the mayonaisse over the top, then all three spices; mix thoroughly, coating everything in mayonaisse.
- With a knife, gently cut along the side of each COOLED biscuit a little over half way around and deep to the back;open gently to form a pocket.
- Spoon about a half cup of shrimp mixture into each pocket.
- If desired, garnish with additional toasted almonds and green onions. These are delicious served warm or cold!
- NOTE: To re-warm, place each sandwhich in microwave for 30 seconds.
- NOTE: Bake the extra 3 biscuits and serve as a filler inner!