Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
Most shrimp salads contain mayonnaise, so in my quest to find a light vinagrette based salad I came across this one on foodtv.com. I haven't tried it yet, but I like the mesh of the ingredients.
- kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined (21/25 count)
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 ounce capers
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 30 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 ounce olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add garlic cloves, lemon halves, and chile. Add in shrimp and simmer until pink, about 5 minutes.
- Remove and rinse under cold water.
- In a large bowl, toss shrimp, scallions, red onion, capers, celery, and tomatoes together.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oregano, olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and vinegar.
- Pour over the salad and toss once more to incorporate.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.