Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very good Low carb salad Bored with ordinary green salads? Mix things up with this Asian-inspired Phase 2 recipe, Luscious Lime Shrimp Salad
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 small green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 lb large shrimp
- 1 tablespoon red pepper, minced
- bibb lettuce
- In a large bowl, whisk the lime juice, green onion, cilantro, olive oil, garlic, hoisin sauce, and white pepper together to make a marinade.
- Peel, devein, and clean the shrimp, rinse in cold water and set aside to chill for 30 minutes.
- Cook the shrimp in a non-stick skillet on medium heat with 2 tablespoons of the marinade for 2 to 3 minutesit's done when it turns pink.
- Pour the skillet contents into the marinade bowl add the red pepper, toss and set aside to chill.
- Place 4 serving dishes with the shrimp to chill.
- To serve: On each of 4 chilled serving plates, place a bed of Bibb lettuce, spoon the shrimp onto the lettuce.