1/1 Photo of Shrimp Salad
I got this from the Barefoot Contessa's book "Parties!" and i use it alot. It is a big hit and easy to make. The time does not include the chilling time as this can be made the night before or earlier in the day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt, plus
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lemon, cut into quarters
- 4 lbs large shrimp, in the shell (16 to 20 shrimp per pound)
- 2 cups good mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine or 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 cup minced red onion (1 onion)
- 3 cups minced celery (6 stalks)
- 1Bring 5 quarts of water, 3 tablespoons salt, and the lemon to a boil in a large saucepan.
- 2Add half the shrimp and reduce the heat to medium.
- 3Cook uncovered for only 3 minutes or until the shrimp are barely cooked through.
- 4Remove with a slotted spoon to a bowl of cold water.
- 5Bring the water back to a boil and repeat with the remaining shrimp.
- 6Let cool; then peel, and devein the shrimp.
- 7In a separate bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, wine or vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, and dill.
- 8Combine with the peeled shrimp.
- 9Add the red onion and celery and check the seasonings.
- 10Serve or cover and refrigerate for a few hours.
Browse Our Top Low Sat. Fat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Salad
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.0
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 201.1 mg
- Sodium 3051.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 21.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: