Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is really good stuffed in a fresh tomato, in an avocado, or served with a lettuce wedge. Great for these hot summer days. The instructions are for fresh shrimp; if using frozen, follow the cooking directions on the bag...they may take longer to cook (just a little longer...do not overcook the shrimp).
- 2 lbs shrimp
- 1 tablespoon green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, hard boiled and finely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
- 2 teaspoons liquid crab boil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 gallon water
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cut into eight 1/4-inch strips
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Clean and devein shrimp. Bring 1/2 gallon of water, crab boil, and 2 teaspoons of salt to a boil. Add the shrimp and return to a boil. Remove from the heat, drain, and ice down the shrimp to stop them from over cooking.
- Drain shrimp again and chop coarsely. Then add the green pepper, celery, green onions, egg, parsley and mayonnaise. Mix together well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in tomatoes, avocados, or with a lettuce wedge. Top with strips of red bell pepper. Garnish with a wedge of lemon.
I made this using Old Bay as the crab boil and red pepper instead of the green and red. This is creamy, flavourful, and was terrific over fresh spinach. I wouldn't miss the egg if it wasn't in there in case you are in a hurry and want to make this. And thanks to gailanng, I Slap Chopped it all! Made for 1,2,3 Tag. Thanks! :)
Wonderful! I used cooked shrimp and quartered the recipe. I served it as an appetizer/snack on top of small toasts for 4 adults. Made for 'went to the market'.
It was devoured before I could even say, "I'll be Slap Chopped!" Made for Everyday Is a Holiday.