Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My own creation for a light, summer salad.
- 2 bunches green onions, trim green tops from onion, chop tops fine
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh spinach or 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 8 ounces fresh baby shrimp, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- Wash spinach or romaine and tear into bite size pieces. Put in salad bowl, or mound on individual salad plates. On top of greens, pile chopped onion tops, then shrimp. Arrange onions spoke fashion around salad. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, mix soy sauce, olive oil and pepper. Shake to combine thoroughly. Use as dressing for salad.
I'm sorry, but this recipe doesn't have enough pizazz for me. The onions overwhelm everything, and the dressing is bland.