Recipe by Seasoned Cook
WONDERFUL FLAVOR!! In June of each summer we have our annual Blanchard Reunion with relatives coming from the west coast to the east coast. Aunt Betty always brings a big dish of shrimp salad which everyone enjoys. There is never a shrimp left!!! This is her recipe.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs fresh shrimp (shelled and deveined)
- 2 large potatoes, cut in cubes
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (Kraft's)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sweet salad pickle, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place shrimp in boiling water and cook for only 3 minutes. Drain immediately and let cool. Then cut shrimp in thirds.
- Simmer potatoes in boiling salted water until done but still firm.
- In a large bowl mix remaining ingredients. Gently combine shrimp and potatoes with pickle mixture.
- If not serving immediately, refrigerate. May be served in a large bowl or on top of lettuce leaves.