Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
simple, light and yummy. My Mom "invented" this and once you get the hang of it its delicious and simple to make. We make it during the summer and for holidays. you can serve this for 2 as a salad or put it out as an appetizer. You have to adjust the garlic and dill to your taste. I usually add more garlic.
- 1⁄2 lb large shrimp
- 1⁄2 ounce capers
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 green onions
- 1 lemon
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon Grey Poupon
- 1⁄4 ounce fresh dill
- 2 slices French bread
- peel shrimp, tails on, boil until done.
- pat dry shrimp and add to bowl, coat with olive oil.
- peel lemon, add rhinds in bowl.
- juice lemon into bowl.
- slice garlic thin and add to bowl.
- chop onions and add.
- add mustard and chopped dill.
- marinade for 4 hours, tossing regularly, serve at room temperature.
- slice bread bread for dipping.
Made this for the 2 of us & although I did follow the recipe, I diced the shrimp so I could use the salad as a spread on thick slices of toasted whole grain bread! I used just enough dill to know it was there, & was very generous with the garlic, which we love! Very, very satisfying! Will definitely be keeping this recipe around! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Bargain Basement recipe tag]