Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is easy to make and great to eat so many different ways. Perfect in the Summer time with a great glass of Iced Tea.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs fresh shrimp
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning (or add more for hotter taste)
- 1⁄4 tablespoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- mayonnaise (enough for Tuna Fish consistency)
- Steam the Shrimp sprinkled with Old Bay (Do not boil them) Vegetable steamer works well.
- set aside and let cool.
- Remove shells from shrimp and cut into 3 pieces for each shrimp.
- Add all other ingrediates and chill for at least 1 hour to let the flavors mix together.
- Serve on Bread or toast.
- Serve on Crackers or Stuff into a fresh tomato or just on a Salad.
This was made using precooked salad shrimp. Being a tad short on the shrimp, I added in 1 boiled egg that was finely diced. DH had it for lunch with crackers and I put my share on mixed greens. Thanks for sharing.
Simple & delicious! I served it inside halves of the Florida avocados (scooped some of the avocado out & added it to the shrimp). I also used cooked frozen shrimp and added a little ground red pepper and fresh chopped cilantro to the mayo...Hellmann's, of course. Very refreshing meal with our 100+ temperatures here in the deep south.
Very good!and simple. sorry I had no old bay sesoning so I used cajun which worked very well. Also cut back on the mayo, used no fat mayo and only about 2 tablespoons. I agree it is a good basic recipe and can be very versitile. Thanks for posting!