Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Enjoy on a bed of greens or as a sandwich filler.
- 16 ounces small cooked shrimp, salad shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, can use parsley instead
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot sauce, more to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, toss together shrimp, onion, celery and cilantro.
- Stir together remaining ingredients and pour over shrimp salad mixture.
- Stir well.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
This was so good! I loved the fresh flavor and the kick from the cilantro!
Really enjoyed the shrimp salad on a bed of greens. The only thing I would change would be to use less onions...it was a bit strong for us. Nice recipe which I will be making again. Thanks, Parsley. (:
I love shrimp, they are reasonably priced here compared to the U.S. & we always have a bag of frozen Icelandic baby shrimp in our freezer. I made a couple of minor chgs - I used lime juice (love its flavor) & McCormick Lemon Pepper Seasoning Salt. I had it for lunch today w/sliced tomato & avocado - a very tasty combo of flavors & a very worthy 4*. Pls see my rating system & thx for posting this.