Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe came from my sister, many years ago. It's made the same way as potato salad only you substitute shrimp and crackers for the potatoes. It's always the first thing to disappear at a party. I don't know if it was ever published anywhere or how many it serves.
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 (1 lb) box Ritz crackers or 1 (1 lb) box saltine crackers
- 3 -4 hard-boiled eggs
- sweet pickle relish
- helmann mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon French dressing
- Boil and season shrimp, to your taste.
- (To save alot of time, buy the shrimp that are precooked and already peeled).
- Boil eggs.
- When shrimp are done cut into small pieces.
- Chop eggs.
- Take one stack of the crackers of your choice and crush them. I prefer the Ritz.
- In a large bowl mix crushed crackers and eggs; add pickle relish and mayo as you would for potato salad.
- Add shrimp and French dressing.
- Mix well. Spread on the rest of the crackers and enjoy.