Prep 25 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is great served over pasta( you'll probably want to double the amount of sauce) with some crusty bread to mop up the sauce. Also excellent on its own as a first course. Originally from an April 1978 issue of Bon Apetit.
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, clarified
- 1⁄3 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil (or 1 T. fresh basil, chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 20 large shrimp, shelled, deveined and butterflied
- 1⁄2 cup cream sherry
- 1⁄2 cup fresh tomato, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- garlic powder, to taste (or increase amount of fresh garlic to taste)
- In a 12 inch skillet, pour olive oil to a depth of approximately 1/8 inch.
- Add butter and melt over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and saute until transparent.
- Add basil, pepper and shrimp.
- Increase heat to high and saute 1 minute.
- Add cream sherry, tomatoes,parsley and garlic powder to taste.
- Swirl skillet until shrimp curl.