Recipe by LorenLou
Another delicious shrimp dish from my old Shreveport Revel cookbook. Enjoy!
Top Review by BoxO'Wine
We've made this recipe several times and absolutely love it! I also throw in scallops if I have them in the house. Also stir in a touch of cornstarch to thicken it. I actually plan on making it again tomorrow night for dinner. Very yummy! Thanks for posting.
- 8 tablespoons butter or 8 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 lb sliced mushrooms
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs peeled raw shrimp
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 -2 dash Tabasco sauce, to taste
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the wine with the milk and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 475.
- Saute the butter, garlic, onions, and mushrooms in a large skillet for about 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook about 3 more minutes.
- Sprinkle the mixture with the flour, stirring constantly until it browns.
- Slowly add the wine/milk mixture to the shrimp, stirring constantly until it just reaches the boiling point.
- Lower the heat, add all remaining seasonings and simmer over low heat for 3 minutes.
- Pour into a casserole dish.
- Top with bread crumbs and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice, salad, and hot French bread.