Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sensual Elegant but simple shrimp dish
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp (peeled, deviened, tail on, butterflied, & flattened)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons green peppercorns, drained & rinsed
- 2 large shallots, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion
- 2 large roma tomatoes (peeled, seeded & chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup Pernod
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon herbes de provence
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the shrimp and saute for one minute.
- Stir in scallions, shallots, tomatoes& peppercorns and saute for another minute.
- Add the Pernod and reduce by half over high heat.
- Remove the shrimp with a slotted spoon.
- Stir the cream, sour cream and Herbs into the sauce and reduce until lightly thickened over medium-high heat (about ten minutes).
- Return the shrimp to the pan and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately with crusty french bread and a glass of good white wine.