This dish is finished with a delicious (and super-easy) basil and tarragon butter. For Zaar World Tour this is very Italian in origin.
- 6 tablespoons butter, room temperature, divided
- 1 lb uncooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 4 large shallots, chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice or 1 cup medium-grain white rice
- 3⁄4 cup riesling wine or 3⁄4 cup other white wine
- 2 1⁄2 cups clam juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, divided
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sauté until almost opaque in center, about 3 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to bowl and add 1 tablespoon butter and shallots to same pan.
- Sauté 3 minutes.
- Add rice; stir 1 minute, add wine.
- Stir until wine is absorbed, about 2 minutes.
- Add clam juice and bring to boil, reduce heat.
- Simmer until rice is tender and risotto is creamy, stirring often, about 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend remaining 2 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon basil, and tarragon in small bowl.
- Season herb butter to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix shrimp, any accumulated juices, and 1 tablespoon basil into risotto.
- Simmer 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and spoon risotto into shallow bowls.
- Swirl some herb butter into top of each. Serve, passing cheese separately.