Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
This dish is finished with a delicious (and super-easy) basil and tarragon butter. For Zaar World Tour this is very Italian in origin.
- 6 tablespoons butter, room temperature, divided
- 1 lb uncooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 4 large shallots, chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice or 1 cup medium-grain white rice
- 3⁄4 cup riesling wine or 3⁄4 cup other white wine
- 2 1⁄2 cups clam juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, divided
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sauté until almost opaque in center, about 3 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to bowl and add 1 tablespoon butter and shallots to same pan.
- Sauté 3 minutes.
- Add rice; stir 1 minute, add wine.
- Stir until wine is absorbed, about 2 minutes.
- Add clam juice and bring to boil, reduce heat.
- Simmer until rice is tender and risotto is creamy, stirring often, about 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend remaining 2 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon basil, and tarragon in small bowl.
- Season herb butter to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix shrimp, any accumulated juices, and 1 tablespoon basil into risotto.
- Simmer 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and spoon risotto into shallow bowls.
- Swirl some herb butter into top of each. Serve, passing cheese separately.
We really enjoyed this recipe. The preparation was so uncomplicated. Liked the fact you don't have to stand over it and stir for 20 minutes. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag game. :)