Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very easy dish that I quite often make using leftover cocktail shrimp after a party! This dish can also be made with ham or a combination of shrimp and ham. Serve with a vegetable salad to complete the meal.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- salt and pepper
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; cook garlic until tender and fragrant but not browned, about 1 minute.
- Add shrimp and mix well; stir in rice.
- Pour in stock and bring to a boil; cover.
- Reduce heat and simmer gently for 20 to 25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in dill; season with salt and pepper to taste.
WOW!! SUPER!! BEST RICE DISH WE HAVE HAD IN LONG TIME!! My husband and I absolutely enjoyed this recipe. I tried it twice, the first time didn't find 2 cups of broth to be enough (dried out, rice not cooked). 2nd time I used 3 1/4 cups of broth and it was absolutely perfect (cooked 25mins). As my husband puts it, definitely a keeper!!!