Prep 3 hrs
Cook 15 mins
By all means, you can use purchased boiled shrimp, but prepare your own remoulade. Try adding sliced boiled egg slices on the side and sprinkle on a couple of capers. Prep times includes an approximation of chill time. Can be an appetizer or salad to make for a most memorable meal.
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 -2 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 pinch sugar
- 4 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons liquid shrimp-and-crab boil seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 lbs unpeeled medium raw shrimp
- 6 cups shredded lettuce
- lettuce leaf
- lemon wedge (optional)
- Combine first 10 ingredients in container of a food processor or electric blender. Process until smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides. Cover and chill thoroughly.
- Combine water, salt, and seasoning in a large pot; bring to a boil. Add shrimp and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain well; rinse with cold water. Chill. Peel and devein shrimp.
- Combine mayonnaise mixture, shrimp and shredded lettuce, tossing to coat.
- Serve on lettuce leaves and garnish with lemon wedges.
- Note: Prepare remoulade sauce in advance and refrigerate, but don't sauce the shrimp until serving or they were become soft and soggy.