Recipe by Amateur Chef Kate
Red pepper, cream cheese, shrimp and basil over penne pasta. This recipe came from my fab friend Kat. I added the asparagus and mushrooms. It's a crowd pleaser.
- 1⁄2 lb pasta
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, strained
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese
- 1 cup low-fat chicken broth, Low Sodium
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 lb shrimp, deshelled and detailed
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil
- 12 ounces asparagus
- 12 ounces mixed mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- Break asparagus into 3.
- Saute asparagus and mushrooms in a high side pan.
- Blend together cream cheese, red peppers, chicken broth, garlic, basil and ground pepper.
- Add blended ingredients to the high side pan with the mushrooms and asparagus.
- Cook on stove, medium heat, 5 minute.
- Add shrimp and cook until shrimp are done.
- Pour over cooked pasta.