Rich and delicate and made easy with wonton wrappers.
Make and share this Shrimp Ravioli With Basil Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350. Toss garlic with olive oil and place in oven dish, cover and roast for 15 minutes. Let cool and chop.
- Mix shrimp, goat cheese, egg you and garlic in bowl.
- Bring cream and shallot to boil in small pan. Reduce heat and simmer until about 3/4 cup about 8 minutes. Cool.
- Add sauce to blender and add basil and blend until finely chopped. Season with s & P.
- Place half of wonton wrappers on work surface. Add one teaspoon shrimp mixture to each. Brush edges with water and fold over to form triangles. Repeat with remaining wontons.
- Cook ravioli in large pot of boiling salted water about 3 minutes.
- Serve in bowls with warm sauce. Garnish with shredded basil.
This is really a lovely dish! I was initially concerned about the amount of garlic but roasting mellowed it out beautifully. Rather than fiddle with small triangular shapes I elected to make them in a more traditional 'ravioli' shape using a wonton wrapper as a base and another as the top. I can't think of anything I would change except perhaps use a slightly more robust pasta another time as it would be easier to handle them once cooked. On the other hand a heavier pasta might overwhelm the filling. I'll make that decision the next time I make them and there will definitely another time! I would be proud to serve these gems to company. eta. Shrimp Ravioli With Basil Cream Sauce is lovely. It is as it says, 'delicate' so if you need some kick you'll have to add it. It was perfect with a salad and would be great as an appetizer as well.
I'd likely serve them with some parmesan next time. You can build on it but it is also elegant in it's simplicity just the way it is.
Thank you so much for sharing the recipe Pebbles.