Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 20 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese (or however much is in a brick package of it)
- 8 -10 scallions
- 8 -10 small shrimp
- wonton wrapper
- 2 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
- Chop the scallions.
- Chop the shrimp into small pieces, approximately the size of your finger nail (maybe a little smaller).
- In a bowl, mix the scallions, shrimp, and cream cheese.
- Place a dollop of the mixture in the center of the won-ton wrapper.
- Run a finger under tap water and trace the edge of the won-ton wrapper with your finger. This ensures that your rangoon won't open during when fried.
- Stick the wet edges of the won-ton wrapper together into a triangular shape. Then press two corners of the triangle together for a won-ton shape.
- Fry in hot oil until browned (3-5 min).
- Remove the rangoon onto a paper towel to allow some of the oil to run off.