Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Just cooked our first shrimp of the season and thought I'd give this simple recipe a try....A rangoon using shrimp instead of crabmeat. Yum! Soy sauce, duck sauce or hot mustard make good dippers if you like. I like mine plain....=)
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked shrimp (roughly chopped)
- 40 wonton wrappers
- oil (for frying)
- Mix first five ingredients until well incorporated.
- Add shrimp and mix gently.
- Fill wonton wrappers with 3/4 tsp shrimp filling.
- Moisten two adjoining sides using index fingers dipped in water.
- Fold over opposite sides to make a triangle and seal well.
- Deep fry wonton in 350F oil until golden brown.