Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is very good and quite easy to make.
Make and share this Shrimp Quesadillas with Cajun Remoulade recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 flour tortillas, 10 inch
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning, plus (or Creole)
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning, divided use
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup diced green chilis (or poblano)
- 1 cup shredded four-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Make cajun remoulade by mixing mayonnaise with 2 Tbsp.
- cajun seasoning, Worcester sauce, cayenne pepper, lemon juice, and Tabasco.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 Tbsp.
- olive oil in skillet over high heat, 2 minutes.
- Toss shrimp with 1 tsp.
- of cajun seasoning and salt.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Transfer to large bowl.
- Add chiles and cilantro to shrimp and mix.
- Brush a large cookie sheet with olive oil.
- Arrange 1 tortilla on cookie sheet.
- Top with 1/2 of cheese and shrimp mixture.
- Place another tortilla on top of that.
- Brush lightly with olive oil.
- Bake 8 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas and mixture.
- Cut quesadilla into wedges and serve with the remoulade.
We doubled this recipe, as we had a pound of shrimp, and it was extremely tasty! We had this with refried black beans and guacamole for a lighter, but extremely satisfying dinner. The remoulade is unbelievably spicy! We loved the mix of flavors, but would consider backing off of the spices just a bit as we expected the remoulade to provide a bit of a cooling effect, and the spices really heated it up instead. We had leftovers, which were delicious as a light lunch the next day, too. Winner.
I was excited about creating a sauce for the quesadillas, but when my boyfriend and I tried it we felt that the remoulade sauce did not pair well with the cajun-style shrimp quesadillas. The shrimp flavors were delicious but next time I would pair it with jalapeno ranch dressing.
This was very good, easy, and quick. However, make sure to use UNSALTED cajun seasoning!! Thank you for posting.