1/1 Photo of Shrimp Quesadillas
MA HIKER's Note:
This is a quick and easy dinner - use pre-cooked shrimp to make it even faster. This makes 4 servings, each is 5 ww points!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb large shrimp, pre-cooked, peeled, and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 lb fresh white mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas (fat free)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese (reduced fat)
- 1Remove the tails from the shrimp.
- 2Spray a non-stick skillet with non-stick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, cumin and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms and spinach and cook, stirring frequently until softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 3Remove from the heat, add the shrimp and cilantro.
- 4Place a tortilla on a work surface. Top half of the tortilla with 2 tablespoons of cheese, one-fourth of the shrimp mixture, then 2 tablespoons of cheese. Flatten and fold over the top half of the tortilla over the filling to form a semi-circle, lightly pressing the edges to seal.
- 5Repeat with the remaining ingredients, making 4 quesdillas.
- 6Wipe the skillet clean, spray with non-stick spray, and set over medium heat.
- 7Add 2 quesadillas and cook until the cheese melts and outsides of the tortillas are lightly browned, about 4 minutes per side.
- 8Transfer quesadillas to a plate and keep warm.
- 9Repeat with remaining two quesadillas.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.1
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 154.7 mg
- Sodium 789.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 31.1 g