Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from Simply Delicious
- 1⁄4 lb small baby shrimp
- 2 tablespoons lime juice or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 jalapenos or 1⁄4 serrano chili, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 2 medium sized flour tortillas
- 3⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 avocado, sliced
- dollop sour cream
- salt and pepper
- Place shrimp in a bowl.
- Add lime or lemon juice, chiles, green onion, cilantro.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Let Marinade for 10-30 minutes.
- Strain out the juice.
- Heat a cast iron or stick-free skillet on medium high.
- Add 1/2 tsp of oil amd spread it around the pan.
- Place 1 tortilla on the skillet.
- Flip it over a few times, 10 seconds between flips so that air pockets form.
- Do this with the second tortilla also. Leave the 2nd tortilla in the pan.
- Sprinkle the tortilla with the grated cheese.
- Distribute the shrimp mixture on top of the cheese.
- Place the other tortilla on top.
- Use 2 spatulas(one on top and one on bottom) to flip the quesadilla over when the bottom tortilla is nicely toasted and the cheese has begun to melt.
- Remove the quesadilla from the pan when the now bottom tortilla has toasted sufficiently.
- Cut like a pie into six pieces.
- Serve with avocado slices and sour cream. Garnish with cilantro.
We really like this recipe , i marinated large raw shrimp in the lime juice, onion, and a tiny bit of jalapeno and serrano peppers, cooked them and then chopped them up . I used a combination of cheddar cheddar and jack cheese and love the cilantro. I thought the avacado was too bland with this preferring tomatillo salsa and sour cream. Made for 2015 Culinary Quest by one of the Toasted Tourists.
"subtle" flavors is right...these had almost no flavor at all.I usually just try to throw things together myself for my quesadillas, but I thought I'd try a tested recipe for a change. I'll be going back to my own inventing.
This was very easy to put together. I used already cooked shrimp that I cup into chunks (I didn't have baby shrimp) The lime flavoring was very good. I should have backed off the Cilantro a little as it was very overpowering for our taste. I think the Mexican cheese would have been really good with this as recommended by Yogachef. I served this with your recipe #281851 which went very well with this. Thanks for sharing. Made for PRMR