Recipe by Lavender Lynn
This recipe is from Simply Delicious
Top Review by momaphet
We really like this recipe , i marinated large raw shrimp in the lime juice, onion, and a tiny bit of jalapeno and serrano peppers, cooked them and then chopped them up . I used a combination of cheddar cheddar and jack cheese and love the cilantro. I thought the avacado was too bland with this preferring tomatillo salsa and sour cream. Made for 2015 Culinary Quest by one of the Toasted Tourists.
- 1⁄4 lb small baby shrimp
- 2 tablespoons lime juice or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 jalapenos or 1⁄4 serrano chili, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 2 medium sized flour tortillas
- 3⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 avocado, sliced
- dollop sour cream
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place shrimp in a bowl.
- Add lime or lemon juice, chiles, green onion, cilantro.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Let Marinade for 10-30 minutes.
- Strain out the juice.
- Heat a cast iron or stick-free skillet on medium high.
- Add 1/2 tsp of oil amd spread it around the pan.
- Place 1 tortilla on the skillet.
- Flip it over a few times, 10 seconds between flips so that air pockets form.
- Do this with the second tortilla also. Leave the 2nd tortilla in the pan.
- Sprinkle the tortilla with the grated cheese.
- Distribute the shrimp mixture on top of the cheese.
- Place the other tortilla on top.
- Use 2 spatulas(one on top and one on bottom) to flip the quesadilla over when the bottom tortilla is nicely toasted and the cheese has begun to melt.
- Remove the quesadilla from the pan when the now bottom tortilla has toasted sufficiently.
- Cut like a pie into six pieces.
- Serve with avocado slices and sour cream. Garnish with cilantro.