Recipe by Marie
A very tasty shrimp dish featuring mushrooms, garlic and fresh diced tomatoes. Very quick to prepare and cook.
Top Review by Countrywife
This turned out soooo good! The combination of flavors is sublime! We had it with fresh, warm crusty French bread and sweet butter, and sliced last-of-season melon. It's fast and easy. DH raved. I felt almost guilty taking credit for fixing this. Almost. This is definately a make often meal.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In 12-inch skillet over medium heat, in 2 tablespoons hot oil, cook shrimp stirring frequently, until shrimp turn pink, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- In same skillet, in remaining tablespoon of hot oil, add mushrooms and garlic and cook until mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes, lemon juice, salt, and pepper and cook 3 minutes more.
- Return shrimp to skillet and heat through.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve over rice.