My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb spaghetti
- 1 leek
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb shiitake mushroom, stemmed and sliced
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined (medium or large shrimp)
- 3/4-1 lb asparagus, trimmed to 4 inches then cut into thirds
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- black pepper
- 1 cup grated romano cheese
- chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1Place a large covered pot of water on the stove; bring to a boil; salt water and cook spaghetti to al dente.
- 2While the pasta is cooking, trim the tough green tops and the roots from the leek; halve the leek lengthwise and dice it thin.
- 3Place leeks in a colander and rinse them vigorously to release any grit; drain leeks well.
- 4Heat olive oil in a large, deep skillet over med-high heat; add in the garlic; cook for 1 minute.
- 5Add in the leeks and shiitakes; cook 3-4 minutes until tender.
- 6Add in the stock; increase heat a little and bring it up to a bubble.
- 7Once the stock bubbles, add in the zest and shrimp; cook 2 minutes, then add the asparagus and peas to the pan; cook 2 minutes.
- 8Melt the butter into the sauce; add the drained pasta to the pan; toss to combine the shrimp and vegetables with the pasta.
- 9Season with a little pepper and more salt if needed; garnish with cheese and parsley.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Primavera Pasta With Asparagus, Peas, and Leeks
Serving Size: 1 (819 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1092.8
- Calories from Fat 379
- Total Fat 42.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 221.3 mg
- Sodium 1549.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 123.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.9 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 58.0 g