Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make and share this Shrimp Primavera Pasta With Asparagus, Peas, and Leeks recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti
- 1 leek
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb shiitake mushroom, stemmed and sliced
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined (medium or large shrimp)
- 3⁄4-1 lb asparagus, trimmed to 4 inches then cut into thirds
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- black pepper
- 1 cup grated romano cheese
- chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- Place a large covered pot of water on the stove; bring to a boil; salt water and cook spaghetti to al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, trim the tough green tops and the roots from the leek; halve the leek lengthwise and dice it thin.
- Place leeks in a colander and rinse them vigorously to release any grit; drain leeks well.
- Heat olive oil in a large, deep skillet over med-high heat; add in the garlic; cook for 1 minute.
- Add in the leeks and shiitakes; cook 3-4 minutes until tender.
- Add in the stock; increase heat a little and bring it up to a bubble.
- Once the stock bubbles, add in the zest and shrimp; cook 2 minutes, then add the asparagus and peas to the pan; cook 2 minutes.
- Melt the butter into the sauce; add the drained pasta to the pan; toss to combine the shrimp and vegetables with the pasta.
- Season with a little pepper and more salt if needed; garnish with cheese and parsley.