Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 4 -5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces asparagus, cut into bit size pieces (fresh or frozen)
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced into coins
- 1⁄4 cup snow peas, cut in half on the diagonal
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli floret
- 1⁄2 cup cauliflower floret
- 1⁄2 medium onion, sliced into crescents
- 4 -5 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 1 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped (peeled if desired)
- 6 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 12 ounces linguine, cooked
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- grated parmesan cheese
- In skillet or wok, saute garlic, oil, and shrimp until shrimp are no longer opaque and cooked through (4-5 minutes).
- Add asparagus, zucchini, carrot, snow peas, broccoli, cauliflower, onion, and basil.
- Simmer until vegetables are almost tender (about 10 minutes).
- Add chicken broth, mushrooms, and tomato; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes; mix well.
- Pour shrimp and veggie mixture over cooked pasta (or toss all together to serve).
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese to serve.
Loved the recipe but I rated it a 4 because I would never cook the shrimps nor the zucchini as long as suggested , also I would add the different veggies at different time to prevent over cooking so I followed the recipe but gradually added the veggies so they would stay crisp but cook through did not add either the shrimp nor the zucchini until the last 3 minutes of cooking. TRhis recipe was given a thumbs up by all - Thanks who ever you are.
I read one of the other comments and have to agree that the shrimp got too done and was tough by the time the other veggies were added. We also decided that the chicken broth watered down the end result and will try a little less broth next time and maybe a little more butter and garlic. Yum!!!