1/1 Photo of Shrimp/prawns and Olives Salad.
1 hr 20 mins
I came up with this recipe a few days ago when I wanted to make a shrimp salad that did not have pasta or salad greens in it. I added things as I went along. The olives add a unique taste to the salad. The recipe calls for pickle juice even though it does not contain any pickles. If you don't have pickle juice, just add more olive juice. This salad tastes better if it is refrigerated for several hours or overnight. Since both olive and pickle juices have a lot of salt in them, there is no salt listed in the ingredients list. This can be served as a meal or as an appetizer at a party. Cook time is refrigeration time and is the minimal time it should be refrigerated for best flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb cooked and peeled large shrimp or 3/4 lb prawns
- 1/4 cup black olives
- 1/4 cup green olives
- 2 tablespoons red pimientos, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion (scallions)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped (remove yolks if desired)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon olive juice
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice or 1 tablespoon olive juice
- 1Remove tails from prawns or shrimp and cut each one in half or thirds, depending on the size.
- 2Add the olives, onions and eggs.
- 3Mix the Mayonnaise, pickle juice and olive juice together in a cup or small bowl.
- 4Stir the Mayonnaise mixture into the prawn/shrimp mixture and mix well.
- 5Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
- 6Serve with crackers.
Browse Our Top Savory Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp/prawns and Olives Salad.
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 475.3
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 416.6 mg
- Sodium 1831.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 30.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: