Prawns that were cooked, shelled and deveined were on sale today, so I bought them and made up this recipe because I couldn't find anything on the net. Anyway, it got five-plus stars from everyone at the table, so I thought I'd post it before I forgot it. It was so easy and I'm sure you can 'juggle' the portions and the ingredients. By the way, Lebanese cucumbers are the long, thin ones (don't know what they are called in the USA—would appreciate it if you can tell me). Good luck and enjoy.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, cooked, shelled and deveined, and cut into 1/3-inch pieces (prawns)
- 1 cup lebanese cucumber, diced in 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 stalks celery, diced in 1/4-inch cubes
- 3 -4 scallions, sliced thinly, white and some green
- 1 medium mango, diced in 1/3-inch cubes
- 1 medium avocado, diced in 1/3-inch cubes
- 1⁄2-1 cup mixed greens, per person
- 1⁄2 cup whole-egg mayonnaise (I use Petroushka's Best Ever Homemade Mayonnaise)
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon horseradish, heaped
- 1 lemon, juice of, only
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to your taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 6 -8 dashes Tabasco sauce (or to taste)
- Put the first six ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Put the last seven ingredients (the dressing) in a separate bowl and mix well.
- Combine both sets of ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon over the mixed greens. Tonight I used a combination of shredded iceberg lettuce and chopped rocket.