Recipe by JustJanS
My sister made this for us recently and I had to have the recipe. She didn't have the lime leaves, so just left them out. Also, her recipe asked for the bottom parts of stems and roots from a bunch of coriander, but I'm just suggesting leaves as I think it's only common in Australia to get the WHOLE bunch. I like this salad as it's great made ahead, though prep time doesn't reflect the refrigeration time.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tamarind juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 teaspoons palm sugar
- 1 1⁄2 kg cooked shrimp, shelled
- 10 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 stalks lemongrass, tender centre only,finely chopped
- 1 large red chile, seeded and sliced
- 2 tablespoons kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped coriander leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the lemon juice, tamarind juice, fish sauce and sugar to the boil in a saucepan, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients.
- Pour over the cooled dressing and toss together.
- refrigerate 1-2 hours before serving.